[Scummvm-devel] GOG-Affiliate program, recent additions to website

Kostas Nakos knakos at phys.uoa.gr
Thu Jan 22 12:05:14 CET 2009

Hi Clemmy, List,

clem wrote:
<snip long mail>
> It might well be that I'm the only one thinking like that, but I still feel
> I need to voice my opinion on this matter. Any opinions from other readers?

I'll be setting aside the stylistic parts of this issue; I'm sure they
can be overcome one way or the other. Note that I don't find the forum's
top line too cluttered but I do find the banner a little odd in the main
page.

What I do like, and I don't mind at all, is for the games we support to
reach a wider audience. They are good games and are worth it. Players
can indeed find them in the usual online places but also through GOG, in
which case they will be supporting ScummVM as well. I do not feel too
strong either way: us advertising that fact and being part of it, or
not. I would like ScummVM to continue supporting these games and more,
and buying through GOG goes some way to help that. And note that the
original publishers get paid for their IP too.

I do not mind, if that's what you're interested, if my code gets
utilized that way (me being a backend programmer not directly involved
in this case *g*). I know you're not proposing that we're selling out. I
do not find it that to be the case as well. I do take note though of
your honest concerns as an interested contributor and thank you for
raising the issue.

Best Regards,
Kostas