[Scummvm-devel] 1.0 or not 1.0? (was: ScummVM 1.0.0 release schedule)

Eugene Sandulenko sev at scummvm.org
Sun Jul 12 11:25:18 CEST 2009

On Sat, 11 Jul 2009 15:21:30 +0200
Sven Hesse <drmccoy at users.sourceforge.net> wrote:
> > For instance, does anybody know when C64 music is going to be
> > implemented? :/
>
> Am I forgetting something, or couldn't that "just" be done by
> incorporating libsidplay2, wrapping it to produce an AudioStream?
Yes and no. Libsidplay2 is a reference implementation, but it contains
a full-blown 6510 CPU emulator which would be an overkill for us.

In any case somebody has to do it.

> I for one do think we're ready for 1.0.0. But I would have liked
> another release as "1.0.0pre" or "1.0.0rc" or something.
> It's all a bit too fast for my tastes.
As it was mentioned by Paul Gilbert, Max and me, we've been 1.0 for
several years now. The documentaiton was the only thing which was
lacking.

I agree that we could use this opportunity to encourage more testing.

Eugene