[Scummvm-devel] Bring testers to the team?

Eugene Sandulenko sev at scummvm.org
Mon Jul 13 18:13:30 CEST 2009

Hi Guys,

There was a quite sound idea mentioned recently, that is bring "full
time" testers to the team.

What do you think guys?

What we can offer:

  - Place in our Credits list (on the site, in the docs, in the program)
  - @scummvm.org e-mail
  - +v on our IRC
  - Access to Wiki (though we give it practically to everybody now)

And these need to be discussed:
  - Access to our donations for purchasing games. (perhaps some max
    amount per year? I don't really know, I don't want to abuse it, and
    would rather save for the developers)
  - Moderator status on the forums. (They will be part of the team, so
    why not?)
  - +o on IRC. (Will they really need it? IMHO +v is enough)

The requirements to these positions would be:
  - Own more than 5 games. (There will be more mentoring that benefits
    if they will have less. May be even increase the required amount?).
  - Be around release time. That is twice a year
  - Test their games
  - Have more than one device to play ScummVM on is a plus
  - Have non-English versions of the games is a plus

I would like to listen your opinions.

Eugene