[Scummvm-devel] Bring testers to the team?

Henry Bush scummvm at spookypeanut.co.uk
Wed Jul 15 10:44:11 CEST 2009

On Wed, Jul 15, 2009 at 09:29, Eugene Sandulenko<sev at scummvm.org> wrote:
>> With many supported games (and their ports) still been quite rare, I'm
>> not convinced that changing the set of games for each tester, in each
>> release cycle would even be viable.
> It may even happen that not all games could be covered by such testers,
> and we will still rely purely on the userbase.
I think that's inevitable: to get a team of testers who between them
own ALL supported games would require an enormous team, especially in
all languages. I think a large number including at least one from each
engine is sufficient.

One thing that occurred to me that might help testing: these team
testers could "check-in" games they intend to playtest on the release
testing wiki, thus meaning that others could move to another game that
might not otherwise get tested.

Henry