[Scummvm-devel] Virtual keyboard work: Request for ideas.

Eugene Sandulenko sev at scummvm.org
Mon Jun 8 14:45:51 CEST 2009

On Mon, 8 Jun 2009 12:07:03 +0100
"John Willis" <John.Willis at Distant-earth.com> wrote:
> As some of you know I have been hacking about a little with the built
> in virtual keyboard code recently
Excellent!

> I would also like to rename
> the default keyboard pack in code from vkeybd to vkeybd_default. Any
> objections?
No, that would be a natural move.

> Does anyone else have other ideas on how we can improve the virtual
> keyboard infrastructure?
Current keyboard lacks couple of obvious things:

  - <delete input> button. I.e. there is backspace, but that's a
    virtual key. What I mean here is ability to remove keys from the
    input. Something like "Double backspace" key would work.
  - Ability to close the keyboard with mouse. Currently it is assumed
    that the user has to press the VK key in order to close the
    keyboard.
  - Ability to send the keys from the keyboard, i.e. something like
    "OK" button
  - Ability to close the keyboard without sending i.e. "Cancel" button.
  - Probably add transparency? But that will be not trivial.

And of course, we need a good-looking keyboard pack :)

Eugene