[Scummvm-devel] Comparison of Git, Mercurial, Bazaar done by the Python team

Max Horn max at quendi.de
Tue Jun 9 22:26:13 CEST 2009

Am 09.06.2009 um 20:55 schrieb Ori Avtalion:

> Here's a detailed comparison compiled by the python dev team.
>
> http://www.python.org/dev/peps/pep-0374/
>
> They have recently switched from Subversion to Mercurial, and created
> this document to help the decision process of which DVCS to choose.

Thanks, useful link. Maybe we should start a tiny wiki page like that,
too.

Regarding "multi repository support" on SF.net, read this:

[20:55] <burley-sf>fingolfin: Here's the skinny
[20:55] <burley-sf>with no timeline
[20:56] <burley-sf>if you want to use bzr, bzr is setup to support
multiple branches in a repo
[20:56] <Fingolfin>hi david :)
[20:56] <burley-sf>and that's pretty similar to what you would want
for any of the other DVCS's
[20:56] <burley-sf>but, I really think bzr sucks, as does their
nomenclature
[20:56] <burley-sf>anyways
[20:56] <burley-sf>Internally, we want to support multiple
repositories for projects
[20:57] <burley-sf>its likely going to happen
[20:57] <burley-sf>I can nearly guarantee it
[20:57] <burley-sf>but its a very new conversation internally
[20:57] <burley-sf>and we have no timeline set for it, nor any
discussion of how to implement it

Since it was not yet there already, I submitted this to the SF.net
IdeaTorrent. Everybody, please vote this up!

<https://apps.sourceforge.net/ideatorrent/sourceforge/ideatorrent/idea/59/

(BTW, searching for an existing similar item lead to this bug report
by me ;) <https://apps.sourceforge.net/trac/sourceforge/ticket/1211>)

While you are at it, please consider voting up this one, too, it
requests adding ReviewBoard to the HosteApps, a cool tool for
reviewing commits / general code review:
  <https://apps.sourceforge.net/ideatorrent/sourceforge/ideatorrent/idea/3/

And also this one, which requests importing data to hosted apps (such
as forums, wikis, bug trackers... you get the idea ;):

  <https://apps.sourceforge.net/ideatorrent/sourceforge/ideatorrent/idea/7/