[Scummvm-devel] Fancy pantsy javascript for the downloads page

Fredrik Wendel fredrik_w at users.sourceforge.net
Sat Jun 13 18:54:22 CEST 2009

Hi,

I've written some short javascript functions that will make the downloads page a
bit nicer to look at. It will collapse all the download lists and then guess
your platform (based on the browser user agent) and present you with relevant
binaries. As I believe in the philosophy of graceful degradation the javascript
builds upon the current HTML. That is, if you don't have a javascript capable
browser, or have javascript turned off, you will see the downloads page as it
looks today.

I've previewed the javascript WIP on IRC to get feedback about it, and now I
feel satisifed with the result. However sev wanted it to always have the
binaries list expanded. Mean as I am I think that those who want to download
binaries for different consoles should need to expand the list (that is, one
extra click than today). But I'd like to get opinions from the rest of you
before being mean to our users.

jvprat also presented the suggestion to separate out the freeware games and
extras into two different sections. I like this idea, but haven't changed the
XML-file to reflect this yet. Anyone strongly against this idea?

I've re-used my developer web that was used as a stage for the website re-write,
so you can view the improved downloads page here:
http://fredrik_w.users.sourceforge.net/downloads/

Regards,
Fredrik