[Scummvm-devel] Buildbot reminder

Max Horn max at quendi.de
Thu Jun 18 18:46:00 CEST 2009

Hi folks,

First off, I recently noticed that some people are apparently not
aware that we offer nightly builds via buildbot now. Well, we do, and
those are even linked from  <http://www.scummvm.org/downloads/>. Or
get the full list at <http://buildbot.scummvm.org/snapshots/trunk/>.

Secondly, I wanted to say that Andre made the buildbot config a bit
more flexible; as a result, the OS X built now contains a
"ScummVM.app" bundle and thus is finally usable for non-geek endusers!
It's currently missing the README and COPY* files, but that'll be
fixed soon, I am sure.

Now, it would be nice to get other ports to take advantage for that.
In particular:
* For Debiarn, create (additonally?) .deb files.
* For the mingw builds, package them into a .zip not a .tar.bz (not as
important as we don't link to them and Kirben's builds are still the
official ones, but it would be good nevertheless).

* For the DC a CD disc image would be nice. Marcus, the DC disc images
currently all use Nero. Is that mandatory? Could we use something like
in this guide: <http://mc.pp.se/dc/cdr.html> ? Because that could be
automated on our buildbot host, Nero obviously not ;).

Third: It would still be nice to have builds for other Linux distros,
like Fedora, Ubuntu (can they use Debian .debs?), Slackware, etc. --
if anybody here is familiar with

Last, it would still be nice to get nightlies for PS2, NDS, and WinCE
-- all of these should be doable since they use cross compilers
anyway. Of course any other platforms is highly welcome, too.

Bye,