[Scummvm-devel] Decompression routines

Max Horn max at quendi.de
Mon Mar 2 03:12:26 CET 2009

Am 01.03.2009 um 17:28 schrieb Greg Frieger:

> Hello Max,
>
>   I've seen you changed decompression routines. Maybe a
> decompression classes (DecLZW and DecHuffman) I wrote for my engine
> would be a suitable replace. Since I'm away from my main PC I cannot
> compile or submit it, so I've attached the files to this message.

Hi Greg,

I am aware of your nice decompression classes, and yeah, I think
something like it is the way to go. Your classes abstract that core
decompression algorithms. In addition to that, it would be nice to
abstract the resource header parsing, which varies slightly between
sci0, sci01, sci1, sci11, yet is close enough that it should be
possible to reduce code duplication there, too.

Which reminds me, we really need to put your sourcecode online
somewhere, public. Maybe I should make a tarball and upload it to our
website?