[Scummvm-devel] PS2 #2 : GUI : Games Help Abort : must

Max Horn max at quendi.de
Mon Mar 2 15:48:58 CET 2009

Hi Max!

While I appreciate your enthusiasm, I do not quite as much appreciate
getting 30+ mails from you when 2-3 would have sufficed... ? And
several of the items should just have been files as bug reports or
feature requests on our SF.net trackers, then you could have just
emailed us the URLs.

Anyway, I am not going to reply to each email separately, because if I
do that, we'll just flood this mailing list beyond recognition. I am
only going to reply to those emails for which I think no further
discussion should take place on this list.

== #2 : GUI : Games Help Abort : must
The assert in ScummHelp.Close has been fixed by anotherguest in revs
38848 (trunk) resp. 38858 (release branch)

== #3 : GUI : COMI crash : must
Please file a bug report for this, and attach any stdout/stderr
output, if possible

== #4 : GUI : fonts size & label alignment : nice
"Do we have auto-centering of the labels in the widgets?"
We do, both horizontal and vertical. But not on a sub-pixel level, so
if two strings different in width by only one pixel, they cannot align
on both sides, obviously. Nothing to be done.
However, to me it seems that *none* of the buttons in the launcher is
centered, for all of them the text is shifted to the left. At least in
the modern theme in 1x mode.

== #5 : GUI : settings : important
When we change the renderer (eg. we select the antialiased one), the
GUI is not redrawn (screen stays black) unless there are input events.
-> that one should be easy enough to verify and fix. A bug report
would be in order.

== #6 : GUI : RTL & mouse pointer : important
"After a "forced RTL" sometimes the mouse cursor is not properly
restored"
-> we need to know how exactly you implement this forced RTL. Can you
trigger this with "unforced" RTL on a desktop machine? Once again,
please file a bug report with all information.

== #7 : performance : Themes seeking : important
You are asking us to not search for themes in quite as many locations.
We can do that, I guess, either via a #define switch or some kind of
theme search policy setting. Please file a feature request and we can
discuss it there.

The built-in theme and the classic theme are essentially the same; the
built-in one is generated from the classic one. You could ship your
distro without the external classic one.
There used to be various 3rd party themes, I am not sure whether any
got updated to work with the current themeing system.

== #10 : user-friendliness : MI1 protection : nice
file a feature request

OK, I am stopping here for this email. Still, one to reply to 7 of
yours... *g*

Bye,