[Scummvm-devel] PS2 #8 : performance : Scumm Load : important

Willem Jan Palenstijn wjp at usecode.org
Tue Mar 3 00:53:09 CET 2009

On Tue, Mar 03, 2009 at 12:00:07AM +0100, sunmax at libero.it wrote:
> > Basically what Willem suggested: You can do caching in your
> > savefile manager.
>
> Yes. I read the other e-mail after I replied to the first one,
> cause I am still going through all of the answers ;-)
>
> I will then do it like he suggests, even if I still think
> that a common solution for the most embedded backends would
> be nice. On the other hand, if all other consoles are fine
> then it's likely a PS2-only concern (or I am paranoid ;-).

If you keep your code general by writing a custom 'caching save
manager', hopefully other backends could use it too if they can benefit
from it.

If you decide to do that, please keep it in a ps2-specific directory or
file at first. We can then copy it elsewhere when other ports want to
use it.

-Willem Jan