[Scummvm-devel] Transferring FreeSCI credits

Lars Skovlund lskovlun at image.dk
Sat Mar 7 23:01:37 CET 2009

On Sat, Mar 07, 2009 at 01:24:38AM -0500, Max Horn wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> we still need to take care of handling / transferring the contributor
> credits of FreeSCI. In particular, in engines/sci/engine/kmenu.cpp,
> there is a list of credits. As briefly discussed on this list in a
> past conversation, this list should go there, but it should not just
> be deleted without replacement.

Agreed.

> So, the question is how to handle it, and I am open for input. I am
> CC'ing Christoph "creichen", too, in case he has something to say on
> this sensitive matter.

But he can't reply, unless he is a member of scummvm-devel already. I
doubt he'll want to subscribe just for this occasion.

>    "Special Thanks as well\n\n\nto the linuxgames.com and
> telefragged.com crew\nfor hosting us\n\n"
>    "To the savannah.gnu.org staff\nfor hosting our mailing list\n\n"

Mentioning the hosting crew does not seem so relevant anymore.

>    "To Bob Heitman and Corey Cole for their support"
>   We could just replace "us" by FreeSCI. Or we just remove it, because
> the hosting has moved, and I have no idea who the Bob Heitman and
> Corey Cole are and what we thank them fore... :)

As others have pointed out, they are members of the original SCI team
(and Corey Cole also worked on the QfG series). There are similar
statements concerning other engines in credits.pl.

Lars