[Scummvm-devel] SCI sound drivers

Walter van Niftrik walter at vanniftrik-it.nl
Wed Mar 11 03:13:49 CET 2009

Max Horn wrote:
> Right now, the polled driver works fine, but if we could get
> everything to work with the realtime driver (without regressions, mind
> you), that would of course be nice: Then there would be no need for
> switching, and a single code path to test.

I did some initial tests with realtime.cpp and the adlib driver from the
GSoC project (both modified), and the timing was pretty good. I didn't
notice a difference when comparing it to the polled player, in any case.

The actual adlib sounds were far off though, so next I'll try
realtime.cpp in combination with our current SCI adlib code.

Regards,

Walter