[Scummvm-devel] ScummVM 0.13.1. Ports are ready? PalmOS, PS2, NDS

Max Horn max at quendi.de
Wed Mar 25 13:58:51 CET 2009

Am 25.03.2009 um 12:09 schrieb Neil Millstone:

> Hi Eugene,
>
> The DS port was fine a few weeks ago when I did my first beta. So I
> should be good to go. It would be good if we could set a date a few
> weeks from now, so I can release a final beta to get people to test.

Of course, if we had the NDS port ready for use in buildbot, and you'd
follow the good old "commit early, commit often" rule, we'd get tons
of free beta releases ;-). Same for the PS2 port...

I recently backported your changes on the 0.13 branch to trunk, but
can't fully compile everything since I made the mistake of installing
the latest devkitPro release, which is somewhat incompatible with the
NDS port (mainly jstypes.h was renamed to ndstypes.h, which is easy to
fix; and consoleInit received a new param, for which I am uncertain
how to set it). Not nice that they change the API like that...

Anyway: It would be really good to hear your thoughts on the buildbot
changes. In particular, my proposal to change the NDS port to use
configure for building. The Wii port, which also uses devkitPro
(albeit the PPC and not the ARM variant) does that already. For the
NDS port, this would yield several advantages, including being able to
build in external dirs, being able to use the buildbot, and would also
make it quite easy to build the various variants (with engines en/
disabled). I'd be willing to work on this at some point, but given the
past track history of my patches being ignored without a word of
comment *cough*, I am hesitant to do so.