[Scummvm-devel] [Scummvm-cvs-logs] SF.net SVN: scummvm:[40351] scummvm/trunk/sound/softsynth/opl/opl.h

Johannes Schickel lordhoto at gmail.com
Thu May 7 22:17:48 CEST 2009

Max Horn wrote:

> Am 07.05.2009 um 21:38 schrieb Johannes Schickel:
>
>> Filippos Karapetis wrote:
>>> In that case, we can just remove the files from the VS project files
>>> so that they won't be compiled straight away. Thus, the .cpp file does
>>> not need to be renamed...
>>
>> I thought about that too, but if someone might want to edit the code via
>> VS that would be much more inconvenient than just renaming the files
>> IMHO. Also it protects other builds envs from doing the same mistake
>> (XCode projects maybe).
>
> With any decent IDE I used in the past (XCode, Eclipse, Codewarrior),
> it was possible to add .cpp files and mark them as "do not compile",
> just to facilitate uses exactly like this. Surely VS also can do that?

I don't know to be honest, I thought so too. I guess the main problem
was that nowhere it is mentioned that the file is only a 'template' for
code creation. I don't like this template thing too much though, my plan
is to (eventually) get rid of it in the long run. Of course doing
branches instead of the #ifdefs might have impacts on execution speed.
For now I would be fine with renaming them back to .h/.cpp and adding a
slight notice about this fact in the .cpp file, of course I hope people
updating project files will read such notes :-).

// Johannes