[Scummvm-devel] ScummVM Release 1.0.0 status -- 2009-11-04

peres peres at scummvm.org
Thu Nov 5 03:38:45 CET 2009

On Thu, 2009-11-05 at 01:08 +0100, Max Horn wrote:
> Am 05.11.2009 um 00:36 schrieb Travis Howell:
>
> > Eugene Sandulenko wrote:
> >> The situation has not changed dramatically with the bugfixing, so I
> >> am
> >> considering to go with it as is, and release 1.0.1 if there will be
> >> such need/bug really fixed.
> >>
> >> Other than that I see absolutely no point in waiting any more.
> >
> > Nippon Safes is still marked as not completable, with two bugs
> > (#2879785
> > and #2880939) that sound critical.
> >
> > Unfortunately Waxworks still suffers from a lack of feedback, about
> > further issues too. But that is unchanged from previous releases.
> >
> > For a ScummVM 1.0 release, all critical bugs (that are reproducible)
> > in
> > supported games, that cause games to not be completable, should be
> > fixed
> > at least.
>
> I disagree. We should weigh the importance and seriousness of issues
> against the drawbacks of further delays. It is unlikely that the
> issues you mention will be addressed in the near future. As such, I
> would strongly prefer to release 1.0.0 and then have those issues be
> fixed in a 1.0.1 release. Or not. I think for 99.99% of our users,
> this is preferable compared to yet another totally unpredictable delay.

I thought I would have the time to fix the critical issues in Nippon
Safes before the release, but that is not going to be the case. I will
do my best for 1.0.1, in case we are releasing that.

I agree with only a tiny share of the users being affected by this so,
despite the fact I am not happy about it, let's go on with the release.

peres