[Scummvm-devel] ScummVM Release 1.0.0 status -- 2009-11-04

Schrijvers Luc Begasus at skynet.be
Thu Nov 5 11:46:31 CET 2009

Op donderdag 05-11-2009 om 10:26 uur [tijdzone +0100], schreef Max Horn:
> Am 05.11.2009 um 09:47 schrieb Schrijvers Luc:
>
> > In regards of the "Haiku" port (or with the older compiler in BeOS's
> > 2.95.3) I still encounter compiling errors with the engines cruise and
> > tinsel.
> > http://zeta-games.pastebin.com/m6c6fba8b
> > http://zeta-games.pastebin.com/m3ecedaf1
>
> Are there bug report for these on our tracker? If not, please file
> them. In either case, please tell us the links / tracker IDs of those.
>
> Unfortunately, it's really late in the game for this. If we can find a
> quick fix tonight/tomorrow to make the BeOS & Haiku port happy, that's
> fine by me. But otherwise, we'll have to ship 1.0.0 without the Haiku
> port. Or maybe with Tinsel & Cruise disabled. Sorry, but we had
> several months to fix this, and these bugs (resp. this one bug)
> somehow never made it to our list of release critical issues, and so
> nobody looked into them. And nobody complained that they were missing
> on the list of release critical bugs.

My bad ;) I reported them on IRC IIRC but didn't file a bug report for
them yet, just added them at:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&aid=2892510&group_id=37116&atid=418820
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&aid=2892515&group_id=37116&atid=418820

> IMO, this means we should not delay for them. If somebody finds the
> time to dive into this and fix it tonight or tomorrow morning,
> excellent. Otherwise, no dice.

I wasn't able to check out the latest branch before due to lack of time
over the last months.
So no problem with you guys going ahead with the release there. I can
always disable the engines for the older compiler in BeOS/ZETA/Haiku.

> > I haven't checked them in gcc4 yet in Haiku but I presume they are
> > ok in
> > there.
>
> Well, then at least Haiku can get a binary, and only BeOS is in trouble?

Basicly yes, I can still do a binary version for both compilers and
disable both engines for the older compiler.