[Scummvm-devel] PORTERS: Sharing downscalers between backends

Max Horn max at quendi.de
Thu Nov 19 00:25:18 CET 2009

Hi there,

For your information (esp. for Kostas, Lubomyr and John): today in
commits 45974 & 45975, I put two of the WinCE downscalers into a new
file, graphics/scaler/downscaler.cpp: Namely the function which scales
an image 50% in all directions (e.g. 320x200 -> 160x100) and the one
which scales 50% horizontalls (e.g. 320x200 -> 160x200). The code for
these was so far duplicated between the WinCE, LinuxMoto & GP2xWiz
backends, and now has been unified.

According to our buildbot, all ports now compile. However, I cannot
perform any actual tests with the resulting binaries, but I hope I
broke nothing.

This also applies to the ARM asm version of the first scaler; for the
second scaler, there is no ARM version as far as I know.

We might want to move further downscalers to a central location, but
probably should think about a way to en-/disable them in a fine
grained fashion, so as to not encumber "small" ports which don't need
(all of) those.