[Scummvm-devel] Slowdowns in SCI and SAGA

Filippos Karapetis philipk79 at hotmail.com
Wed Nov 25 16:51:27 CET 2009

I really don't know what could be wrong with SAGA. The engine checks for the presence of certain files on startup to enable/disable features... perhaps Common::File::exists() is slow on the PSP?

As for SCI... the problem is that it's using a very complex iterator code for the MIDI music, which is most probably what's bringing things to a screeching halt. I wanted to rewrite this based on Greg's SCI engine (which is doing what the original interpreter did), but I simply didn't have enough time these days. I'll look at it again towards the weekend.

Regards
Filippos