[Scummvm-devel] ScummVM Release 1.0.0 status

Arnaud Boutonné arnaud.boutonne at gmail.com
Fri Oct 23 16:34:13 CEST 2009

Hi everybody. I wanted to add some comments on the gob3 issues

On Fri, 23 Oct 2009 Max Horn wrote:
>So are these indeed regressions, i.e. did gob3 work completely
>correctly in 1.0.0rc1, or in 0.13.0 ?

During the tests of 1.0.0pre,  5 bugs have been reported. The main problem
(for me) is that as the savegame format changed completely, I can't check in
0.13 or 0.12 if the bugs were already there (except if I re-test these
versions...).

Nevertheless, there's only 1 blocking bug in the list (
http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=2867682&group_id=37116&atid=418820)
This bug is the exact same as
http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=2355116&group_id=37116&atid=418820which
was opened in 2008 and is considered as a script bug (also present in
the original game).

The only bug that is for sure a regression is the sofa bug (
http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=2867294&group_id=37116&atid=418820).
It was introduced by fixing another bug in the animation sequence of the 2nd
screen. This is a really annoying bug (as the character is completely
stuck), but you don't need to do this action to finish the game.

If you check the test results, you'll see that 3 persons (including me) have
successfully finished gob3, so I agree that there's at least one regression,
but imho the game is not broken.

I hope this clarify a bit the situation

Best regards,
Arnaud