[Scummvm-devel] Switching from SVN to git, mercurial or bazaar

Marcus Comstedt marcus at mc.pp.se
Tue Oct 27 17:58:24 CET 2009

Max Horn <max at quendi.de> writes:

> [...] Maybe some people would prefer to stay with
> SVN, although I'd hope that many of the reasons formerly named for
> that have been addressed by now. If not, please recap them briefly.

The things I feel Git lack compared to SVN are

* Numerical revision ids, which can be compared to see which
  revision precedes which

* Proper tracking of moves and copies

If those have been addressed, then great.  If not, then meh.  I can
take a slight degradation in functionality.  It's not like we're
going back to CVS anyway.

  // Marcus