[Scummvm-devel] String fragments and system strings in SCI

Max Horn max at quendi.de
Tue Sep 15 22:52:20 CEST 2009

Filippos,

that patch just removes some currently unused code and changes
SystemStrings to use Common::String for storage internally (a change
that is "orthogonal" to the issue at hand). In particular, it does not
do anything to address the issue we are facing here (that is, scripts
treating strings as arrays and arrays as strings).

As such, I'd only apply this if there was a subsequent fix that
introduce an alternate solution to that issue (alternate compared to
the currently proposed string frags "solution"). Mind you, I don't
know yet myself what to do either, and am waiting for lars to clarify
things so that we can work on a proper solution :)

Bye,