[Scummvm-devel] String fragments and system strings in SCI

Walter van Niftrik walter at vanniftrik-it.nl
Wed Sep 16 00:54:43 CEST 2009

Hi Max,

Max Horn wrote:
> Why again do we need to store and handle both raw and reg_t based
> data? (Considering that the original engine apparently didn't do
> that) ? As opposed to always storing data raw, or always storing it
> reg_t based?

My comments were based on the current practical situation, where not
every segment is reg_t-based. For some it should be easy to correct
this, but e.g. there are also strings that are embedded in the scripts.
As we don't want to change the whole script to reg_t, maybe the best
solution there is to relocate the strings to another reg_t-based segment.

Regards,

Walter