[Scummvm-devel] merged Dragon History into trunk

Denis Kasak denis.kasak at gmail.com
Fri Sep 25 12:36:05 CEST 2009

On Fri, Sep 25, 2009 at 10:35, Robert Špalek <rspalek at gmail.com> wrote:
> hi all,
>
> I have just merged the branch gsoc2009-draci, implementing the engine of
> Dragon History, into trunk, fixed a minor compile error due to a progress in
> the trunk, and started cleaning the class interfaces.
> the game is playable, possibly even completable, although nobody has tried
> to do so yet.  I'm planning to implement load/save of the game state soon so
> that one can effectively start testing it, and then fix the found errors.

Hey Robert,

Great news! I was just about to contact you today since I've cleaned
up my finals, finally (pun intended). :-)

I've been playing the game some and found that it's not completable
due to an easily fixable bug, namely, some strings in the English data
files are not linebreaked in proper places so the game crashes. I'll
try fixing that bug today. Also, I have some code which makes
inventory a bit more friendly (fixes the "close on rightclick"
behaviour) in my working copy, so I could check that in too. Any
objections?

>  afterwards, I'll try to implement proper walking of the hero (he just
> "teleports" himself at each click instead of slowly walking), sounds, music,
> and some other minor glitches.

I'll try tackling some of those so we should announce our status on
the list so that we don't duplicate our efforts.

--
Denis Kasak