[Scummvm-devel] maemo port download link Re: 1.1.0 release tonight; plans for 1.1.1

Frantisek Dufka dufkaf at gmail.com
Wed Apr 7 14:06:03 CEST 2010

Max Horn wrote:
> Sure, we can do that. In fact, you could also do it by editing the web/trunk/data/downloads.xml

Thanks. And BTW I see the package was renamed to include -maemo but the
download link still points to old package name. I have fixed it in SVN

> and then telling somebody with web server access (e.g. just email -devel) to put it online.

OK, can you put it online?

> Do you know when (if at all) http://maemo.org/downloads/product/OS2006/scummvm/ etc. will be updated to distribute 1.1.0 ?

Looks like since 1.0.0 was released there was some bitrot and
restructuring happening @maemo.org servers  so my uploads to
repositories for older devices are failing for some reason. As soon as
it is fixed it will be there.

Next time I could do it right after tagging before official release
comes (to avoid delays) but I'm not sure if this is OK for you as it may
be up earlier.

Also for newer devices (latest OS2008 and up) it must build from
uploaded source and go through some QA promoting procedures so it can
take days/weeks to hit stable repository.

> Also, as Pawel also suggested, please use a more descriptive filename, e.g. scummvm_1.1.0-maemo_armel.deb .
>
> It's an unofficial .deb anyway, so there is no point in sticking to the strict Debian naming scheme

Will do next time. I was not sure how this plays out with dpkg and Maemo
application manager but I tested it by clicking renamed scummvm.org
package directly in web browser on N900 and it downloads and installs
fine so I guess as long as it is scummvm_whatever_armel.deb it is ok.

Cheers,
Frantisek