[Scummvm-devel] Contacting original game authors/companies

Eugene Sandulenko sev at scummvm.org
Sat Apr 24 11:01:05 CEST 2010

Hi team,

I know that many of you are eager in supporting this or that classic
adventure game. The best approach would be to obtain original source
code from the game authors, and I know that there were number of such
attempts.

However, I would like to stress, that to increase odds of getting
everything smoothly it would be best if our efforts are coordinated or
directed.

As you may know, currently I am the person who usually does all those
negotiations, and I would not mind that there would be the helping
hands. Though I would like to ask that anyone who is going to contact
anyone tells me about such intentions before any such attempts, not
after them.

The reason is that sometimes we seem to bombard the guys with requests
which does not add up to our image, and sometimes there are more
development, i.e. we're going from person A to person B to person C,
and when somebody will restart from person A, it will look all odd and
unprofessional.

So, please, if you have any plans in mind, or e-mail addresses, or sent
anything to anyone recently (like within 6 months), drop me a line. Also
I would prefer to be CC'ed on such mails, and Max could want it too,
though he will speak for himself.

Eugene