[Scummvm-devel] New forum rule #3b

Eugene Sandulenko sev at scummvm.org
Sun Apr 25 13:05:15 CEST 2010

Hi Team,

We always assumed that discussions of how to break console protections
are out of scope of the project and are in fact not tolerated.

However today I was informed that actually our forums have number of
direct discussions of these topics and even links and instructions on
how to break certain consoles.

I took liberty to move those topics out of sight and added Rule #3b:

  3b) No discussions of softmods and hardmods. It is assumed that you
  know how to run homebrew software on some consoles. Discussions on how
  to break the protection are not tolerated.

Still this was not widely announced yet, and I can easily return the
posts where they belong if there will be objections to this new rule.

If in 2 days there will be no objections, or I will get your support
earlier than that, I will make a sticky post on the forums announcing
the change.

Your comments are welcome.

Eugene