[Scummvm-devel] Release 1.1.1 status

Willem Jan Palenstijn wjp at usecode.org
Tue Apr 27 22:50:31 CEST 2010

On Tue, Apr 27, 2010 at 11:02:02AM +0200, peres wrote:
> I committed a fix for the bug on the current trunk (r48811), where it was
> also needed. I have absolutely no means to check the code in valgrind before
> May 8th, so I will not backport it to the release branch. If anybody has the
> chance to do so and finds that the code does not leak, then they are welcome.

Hi,

I ran it through valgrind, and things look good except for two things:

1. The labels allocated in _c_testResult aren't freed.

2. When leaving the engine, the label from _char._ani is only freed after the
entire graphics system is shutdown, causing invalid memory access.

I don't think 1 should block a backport to the 1.1.x branch, since
_c_testResult is hardly ever called AFAIK, and a small leak is much better than
a guaranteed crash :-)

Putting a _char._ani.reset(); in the Parallaction_ns destructor seems to fix
the second issue. Do you think that would be the right thing to do?

-Willem Jan