[Scummvm-devel] Broken Sword 2.5

John Willis John.Willis at Distant-earth.com
Sun Aug 1 00:04:35 CEST 2010

Hi Eugene,

> Recently I got sources for fan game Broken Sword 2.5. The sources were
> passed under full GPL 2.0 license which means that we can use them as is.
>
> Thus, I have a question. What do you guys think about adding support for
this
> game? Any objections?

I can't think of any reason not to add the engine (only lots of reason TO
add it :)) but I would raise one point, how does this sit with Revolution?
Are they ok with it?

I understand BS 2.5 is all 'approved' by them as a fan game but maybe we
should check as a courtesy before chucking the code in trunk?

We have a pretty good relationship with Revolution as a project and it would
be a shame to do anything that might tarnish it (I can't see them having an
issue but I guess it pays to check 1st).

> Dreammaster and me already started work on it, but would like to continue
> work right in the trunk.

Awesome

Regards,

John