[Scummvm-devel] DS with plugins

Max Horn max at quendi.de
Mon Aug 2 19:15:28 CEST 2010

Hi again,

to follow up on my own email, I made some tweaks to the DS build systems (both old and new), and now I can reproduce build C almost byte for byte with the new build system (with some tricks, like I have to disable assert to remove differences caused by differing __FILE__ values etc.).

Moreover, the NDS custom buildsystem does *not* use -fcheck-new, while our regular build system does. Using this increases the binary size, however. But I a not sure we need this, in fact, I don't think we need this on non-NDS systems either. So we could just drop it, or add a configure check which adds it only on non-DS builds (or non-"small system" builds; the N64 would like to save every kilobyte, too, I guess).

I also added a script which sets up directories in which one can build the various NDS builds:
  backends/platform/ds/setup-builddirs.sh
Run this inside the ds dir, it will create subdirs build-a, build-b etc.; in each of those you can run "make" to build the respective DS variant.  The DS_BUILD_A etc. vars are defined, too.

This is still not yet 100% perfect, because LOGO is not adjusted; and USE_DEBUGGER and USE_PROFILER are still not supported.

Bye,