[Scummvm-devel] Testing needed for GSoC OpenGL Branch

yotam barnoy yotambarnoy at gmail.com
Fri Aug 6 12:33:32 CEST 2010

> I know this is a minor comment but is there any chance you could consider
> adding support for a 5:3 / 5:4 aspect ratios? (I think there may have been
> some patches hanging about for that on the pre OGL SDL backend).
>
> 800*480 is a very popular resolution for the LCD's in a number of portable
> devices. I guess all the 1280*1024 users would also appreciate the option
> (after all, they don't have to use it ;-)). I can't say I relish the idea of
> messing about with the screen setup but it is a popular option with users
> that often gets raised.

What's the use of supporting all these different aspect ratios in the
first place? These LCD's will get their own aspect ratio when they go
fullscreen with stretch-to-fit. As far as I can tell, only 3 options
are needed: original size, same aspect ratio as the original, and
stretch-to-fit (either the resizeable window dimensions or the full
screen). Anything else just seems to complicate matters, no?

Yotam