[Scummvm-devel] [Scummvm-cvs-logs] SF.net SVN: scummvm:[52120] scummvm/trunk/common/fs.cpp (and r52121)

Johannes Schickel lordhoto at gmail.com
Mon Aug 16 22:56:42 CEST 2010

On Mon, Aug 16, 2010 at 8:24 PM, Eugene Sandulenko <sev at scummvm.org> wrote:

> [snip]
>
> Thus, there are 2 problems:
>  o (actually a bug). Add way of determining relative path within
>    Archive, probably by introducing getPath() same as in FSNode

The real bug here is that FSNode (the ArchiveMember implementation of
FSDirectory) is not returning the proper name in getName() IMHO. A
getPath() would have semantics that are unknown to Archive, since an
Archive is unware of any real path.

>  o Add way of handling directories, probably by adding third optional
>    argument to list functions which will be a bit map of flags like
>    (Common::FSFiles | Common::FSDirectories)

The question is what is a directory? An Archive object itself?
ArchiveMember currently is only aimed at representing files, so it is
currently not a good idea to use that in listMembers to represent
directories. Directories have properties like sub-files etc. which are
all unknown to our Archive API, since it was never designed for that.

Maybe you also want to tell why you want to list directories?

// Johannes