[Scummvm-devel] GSoC'10 is over. Great success!

Eugene Sandulenko sev at scummvm.org
Mon Aug 23 16:29:15 CEST 2010

Our dear students,

This year Google Summer of Code is over and we are really thrilled to
announce that all of you successfully completed your projects.

To be honest, this is the first year when we have no failing students,
and moreover, at the finals all mentors unanimously voted for each one
of you.

Great success!

Let me remind to everyone the projects and students:
 o Alejandro Marzini
    Refactoring of the SDL backend and OpenGL support
    Now we have nice granularity in our backends and thus more
finetuning and code reuse for the porters

 o Anthony Puccinelli
    Implementing Support for Loadable Modules on MIPS and ARM-based platforms
    Now NDS, PSP and others have plugin support which means more games
can run and engine-specific builds go away

 o Michael Madsen
    Game script (bytecode) decompiler
    A full blown decompiler with logic detection. Should eventually
replace our zoo of decompilers

 o Neeraj Kumar
    Adding a testing framework for scummVM's subsystems
    A special engine which is geared to validate all backend feature
implementations

All of you are warmly invited to become full time members of our
project. Of course you are not expected to work as many hours as
before, and in fact majority of our _active_ developers spend less
time per week than you spent daily within GSoC. The thing which will
be expected from you is to be interested in working on some subject
area of ScummVM and actually do it, at any pace, at your will, and in
your free time.

So again, you are welcomed. Just drop Max or me an e-mail that you
would like to join us and it will be it.

In the meantime we expect that you will be around once we will start
merging your code to the trunk, and expect it to be quite soon.

Eugene

PS. It is probably time to start 1.2.0 preps. Thoughts?