[Scummvm-devel] Displaying subtitles in voice-only games

Ori Avtalion ori at avtalion.name
Wed Dec 22 09:32:22 CET 2010

Simon 1 & 2 can also be put on that list. It has speech and subtitles,
but enabling both is disabled. The English subtitles are missing for a
few audio sentences, and in general the subtitles seem to cause a few
problems with audio stopping at the middle of sentences. (As has been
discussed in bug reports, and perhaps on this list).

I did a comparison of the game's script with that of the Hebrew
version, which does have subtitles enabled w/ speech. IIRC, There is
very little difference between the two, and I doubt the problems with
speech cutting off don't happen there as well.

Maybe it's worth re-consideration in the current effort you're suggesting.