[Scummvm-devel] A Question About scummvm

Mohammed Aziz Parande parande1 at umbc.edu
Fri Feb 5 01:30:20 CET 2010

Hi,

I am a graduate student in the Department of Information Systems at the
University of Maryland, Baltimore County (UMBC). I am doing research in the
area of software engineering. I would very much appreciate if you could
answer the following questions of mine:

1. I was wondering if Scummvm has gone under any major
restructuring/redesign initiative in its history. Restructuring/redesign
initiative can be defined as a concerted effort during a time period in
which major changes were applied to the code base to improve software
architecture/design while little or no functional enhancement was made.

2. If the project has gone under such an initiative, then would it be
possible for you to give the dates or revision/release numbers that are
"right before" and "right after" this structuring effort? I would like to
checkout the source code from the repository to compare structural
measurements that belong to "before" and "after" snapshots. Note that the
dates and revision/release numbers should be right before and right after
the initiative because I would like to be able to isolate and observe the
effects of this effort.

Your response will be very helpful in our research. Thank you very much for
your time in advance. I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Regards,

Mohammed Aziz

P.S. This research is solely performed for academic purposes.