[Scummvm-devel] syncSoundSettings / mute all

Robert Špalek rspalek at gmail.com
Sat Jan 9 20:18:06 CET 2010

On Fri, Jan 8, 2010 at 12:54 PM, Willem Jan Palenstijn <wjp at usecode.org>wrote:

> It seems the 'mute' config option is mainly handled by
> Engine::syncSoundSettings() (in engine/engine.cpp), but this function
> doesn't
> seem to be called by most engines. Many engines duplicate this function
> (either
> literally or by doing something similar), but ignore the 'mute' key
> entirely.
> Unsurprisingly the 'mute all' button in the options menu doesn't seem to
> work
> in the engines I tried. Did this ever work?
>
> yeah, when I was implementing it, my stuck point was that there was no
engine to copy the code from.  this menu option must have been added
relatively recently when the existing engines had already implemented
different methods (maybe options related to muting a concrete sound source
as opposed to muting everything at once, which I don't see in the menu now).

when I played with it, I realized that those other methods ignored the mute
check-box that's in the menu currently.  after I implemented it my way,
muting started working.

I have never got the error you report though.

--
Robert Špalek <rspalek at gmail.com>