[Scummvm-devel] Section 3.7 in our README (Smacker)

Torbjörn Andersson eriktorbjorn at telia.com
Sun Jan 10 12:52:53 CET 2010

Marcus Comstedt wrote:

> Hm, maybe I'm missing something here, but doesn't this mean that it is
> still not possible to run the game from the original CD?  Why does the
> engine require a different filesystem layout from the one on the CD?
> Is it because there are two variants (hi/lo) of the movies?  How did
> Revolution's engine handle this?

Apparently, "smackshi" works too since that's one of the directories the
engine looks in. (It doesn't look in "smackslo" however.) I guess the
text could be updated to reflect that.

I don't know how the original game engine handled things, but running
the game from the CD is untested at best, and "impossible" at worst. If
memory serves me, some of the files that Broken Sword 2 (which I'm a bit
more familiar with) assumes are always present are only on the first CD,
so I guess they were installed to hard disk even with a minimal install.

Torbjörn Andersson