[Scummvm-devel] SCUMM GM/MT32 Preference

Johannes Schickel lordhoto at scummvm.org
Sun Jul 4 14:29:45 CEST 2010

On 07/04/2010 09:19 AM, Torbjörn Andersson wrote:
> On 2010-06-28 02:56, Travis Howell wrote:
>

>> This change should have happened long ago, these games were designed for
>> MIDI, so MIDI really should be the default.
>>
> Even if a game engine says "I prefer MT-32", should it actually get it
> unless the "True Roland MT-32 (disable GM emulation)" option is set?

Actually from how I understand the code you should always get what you
setup as "Preferred device".

In case you have "default" as "Preferred device", it should select the
MT32 Device if MDT_PREFER_MT32 is set, EXCEPT you have setup the MT32
Device as "default", which marks it as non-present currently (when I
understand the code right at least).

I noticed some other strange bits though: When I overwrite the subtitles
speed in a game, just take KYRA with its built in menu, I correctly get
"Override global audio settings" displayed in the "Edit Game..." dialog.
Now all devices do not default to the "system default" but to "default"
(note that a "default" here does not use the settings setup in the
"Options" menu), thus if I click "OK" in that dialog, it will just
overwrite my audio device settings and thus I will(/might) get different
audio output. That's rather annoying behavior in my opinion :-/.

// Johannes