[Scummvm-devel] NDS black screen

Tony Puccinelli tony.puccinelli at gmail.com
Sun Jul 11 01:00:49 CEST 2010

>  Maybe. Or not. I just am saying: It might not be this patch that is the
primary cause, it might just be the one that broke the camel's back :). Or
maybe what I am saying is a complete false lead, that's of course
possible... :)

I just did a bit more testing. DOTT, Monkey2, and Maniac Mansion all launch
and run in revision 49766 (though I found I get a "blue screen of death"
console print and a lock-up if I try to add the games in the ScummVM
launcher at this revision, I didn't realize this before since the games had
already been added before I'd switched to a build from the 49766 revision).
When I switch to revision 49767, all three of the games just go to a black
screen when I launch them.

I compiled with SCUMM_BUILD=b and tested with "Beneath a Steel Sky" and
(though I had the same "blue screen of death" problems if I tried to add the
game from within the revision 49767 build) was able to launch and
successfully run it, leading me to believe your "straw that broke the
camel's back" theory is likely correct (IIRC, the SKY engine is smaller and
would take up less space in memory than the SCUMM engine).

Thanks,

Tony