[Scummvm-devel] Translate the website?

Jordi Vilalta Prat jvprat at jvprat.com
Tue Jul 27 15:26:45 CEST 2010

Hi,

2010/7/27 Eugene Sandulenko:
> On 27 July 2010 15:51, Max Horn <max at quendi.de> wrote:
>> So, to revive this subject: Is anybody interested in working on a website translation? Or at least is motivated enough to write a news item / a forum post which asks for volunteers to help with this?
> I think that is not a problem. The problem is to add technical
> possibility to translate the website, i.e. code it and lay all text
> strings into separate file, now they're scattered around the sources.

I think po4a (http://po4a.alioth.debian.org) could greatly simplify
this. It can extract translatable messages from documents and merge
them into a new translated document. It already has support for XML
(most things inside the "data" directory would probably work out of
the box), and support for the Smarty TPL files could probably be added
without much troubles.

Anyway it would only create static files, so some additional work
would be required on the PHP side to open the desired files.

Regards,
Jordi Vilalta