[Scummvm-devel] Switching ScummVM repository to Git

Willem Jan Palenstijn wjp at usecode.org
Wed Jun 16 11:50:39 CEST 2010

On Wed, Jun 16, 2010 at 11:44:32AM +0200, Max Horn wrote:
> Moreover, I am also wondering about the "web" module. Why would the various
> websites be located in different branches? That seems like an abuse of the
> branch model to me. I'd rather see them in separate subdirectories, or in
> separate git repositories.
> Also, what exactly is in that "web" module right now? web, doxygen, forum,
> wiki, web-planet?

It's a pity SF seems to recommend against putting repositories in
subdirectories[*]. It might've been nice to have web/doxygen.git,
web/forum.git, web/wiki.git, ... here.

[*] https://sourceforge.net/apps/trac/sourceforge/wiki/Git#CreatingMultipleRepositories

By the way, the git repository for git itself has branches that are completely
separate from master (for the docs), so there is precedent for putting disjoint
histories in a single git repository.

-Willem Jan