[Scummvm-devel] Improving translation support in ScummVM

Michael Madsen michael at birdiesoft.dk
Thu Jun 24 13:08:00 CEST 2010

> I actually think that supporting left-to-right languages is (much!)
> easier than support for top-to-bottom languages... I probably agree
> with you that top-to-bottom languages are too much work ;-).

Fortunately, there are no languages which only allow top-to-bottom. :) CJK
tends to use top-to-bottom for classical text, but for modern text,
standard left-to-right is quite common, so that would be a completely
valid choice here.

Actually, I would imagine that a language like Arabic would be much harder
to get working - most characters are drawn differently depending on their
position in a word.

Michael