[Scummvm-devel] Wiki feedback (was: ScummVM loadable modules)

Max Horn max at quendi.de
Wed Mar 3 13:40:50 CET 2010

Am 03.03.2010 um 07:39 schrieb yotam barnoy:

> As you can tell, I'm really not well versed with wiki stuff :) I
> also just joined it, and I didn't know how to get the user template
> thingie. Actually I still don't. How do I do it?
>
> That developers' bios page is so cool - I love the map!

It has some problems, though. Like, how to update it. Plus, some
people were added in the past without being asked for permission,
which is bad. Finally, the map is IMO a nice toy, but in the end, not
very useful; i.e. I am fine keeping it, but I feel that almost
everything else in our Wiki is more important :).

> It'd be really nice if there were easy, clear links to all that
> stuff. I think the wiki should provide as much useful information
> for developers as possible as easily as possible.

The great thing about a Wiki is: Everybody on the team can contribute.
You think something should be better written, better explained, linked
from more places? Just do it, don't wait for somebody else to do it
for you :).

The developer bios page, could for example be linked to from the
developer central. We could also transform it into a new "People"
page, or instead have the "People" page link to it.

> So perhaps a developer's navigation bar on the left could lead to a
> Todo page, to the main developer's center page, and to the bios so a
> developer could easily find who's working on what. Those are the
> things I can think of right now. So maybe one bar for developers and
> one for users?

You mean, split the "navigation" box (which is above "tools",
"search", "toolbox") into two? One labeled "user navigation" and one
"developer navigation" (or something like that) ?

Bye,