[Scummvm-devel] Cine engine tasks

Kari Salminen kari.salminen at gmail.com
Fri Mar 19 17:41:09 CET 2010

  Hi,

On Fri, Mar 19, 2010 at 12:24 AM, Alexandros Frantzis <alf82 at freemail.gr> wrote:
> I am interested in helping out with the Cine engine and was wondering
> whether the Cine TODO list in the wiki is still valid and if anyone else
> is actively working on this.

  Well, I don't know if I can call myself very active, but I've done a little
work on the Cine engine in the past months. Last bit I worked on was
getting the play input for mouse and keyboard interaction to work
with Operation Stealth correctly (Haven't tested it thoroughly yet).
The Cine TODO list isn't up to date (This is from my memory,
didn't check now).

I could come to #scummvm during the weekend (My nick is Buddha^)
and we could talk... or you can always send me e-mail to buddha at scummvm.org
or to this list.

> My plan is to initially clean up the engine code (object-orientation,
> removing globals etc) and eventually move on to improving game support
> for "Operation Stealth".

  Well, this is just my opinion, but object-orientation etc may be good
things but before the reverse engineering is done to the end (Which may
be never :-)) one has to also think about things like how easy it is to
apply new information reverse engineered from the original executables
to the ScummVM's Cine-engine. So probably it's a good thing as long
as it doesn't make the engine incomprehensible when compared to
the reverse engineered code.

Kari Salminen / Buddha^