[Scummvm-devel] Timidity in Scummvm?

Max Horn max at quendi.de
Mon May 3 14:30:01 CEST 2010

Am 03.05.2010 um 11:47 schrieb yotam barnoy:

> Yeah it's pretty messy. I couldn't figure out what the Adlib driver
> was doing there.
>
> Basically I would do something like our MidiDriver_Fluidsynth class,
> which inherits MidiDriver_Emulated, except we would have the internals
> inside our code the same way that we have the OPL code inside our
> code, so we can improve it.
>
> Timidity could replace OPL emulation in general the same way that on
> Windows, Windows' General Midi softsynth replaces our Adlib emulation.

Yotam, I think this is the point where my confusion arises from: When you say "adlib", i think you mean our MidiDriver_ADLIB; while when I say adlib, I mean the OPL based sound synthesis system ;). Which we happen to use, besides other thing, to emulate MIDI, mostly for historical reasons, and with a strong SCUMM bias.