[Scummvm-devel] Need some help with crash in COMI audio handling!

Max Horn max at quendi.de
Fri May 7 00:55:09 CEST 2010

Hi Lars,

COMI, just like FT and The Dig, uses iMuse Digital. This uses a Timer callback (see TimerManager) to control various audio stuff. This runs in addition to the mixer "thread" (actually, whether this is a thread or a callback or whatever depends on the backend), and the main "thread".

How does the Symbian port implement the timer callback? Does it use a thread, and does it implement the mutex API? Then things should work... As it works everywhere else, obviously. If the Symbian port does not provide "real" threads to implement the OSystem timer callback, then this might indeed lead to problems. Though this is purely speculative from my point of view. I am not sure how this would fit with the symptoms you describe either.

The code to look at is in engines/scumm/imuse_digi/, search for "timer" in dimuse.cpp that should then lead you to IMuseDigital::callback, and you can go on from there.

Bye,