[Scummvm-devel] Adding splashscreen to ScummVM

Max Lingua max at guetech.com
Thu May 20 17:25:15 CEST 2010

Hi Eugene,

> We are considering to copycat DOSBox team and add a splashscreen to ScummVM.
>
> The splash will serve several purposes:
>   * Add visibility
>   * Protect us from illegal and silent borrowings of our product.

I like the idea.

It would add one layer of consistency to our ports (common splash).

I see there are some concerns about development overhead (with
valgrind, etc.) so we should definitely address those first.

On back-end like PS2 it will serve one more purpose: offer the user
something fancy to stare during loading time.

And when it crashes there instead of "it crashed with a black screen"
they will now say "it crashed with a cool splash - I like it!" ;-)

Talk later,
 -max