[Scummvm-devel] On blogging and communications

John Willis John.Willis at Distant-earth.com
Sun May 23 18:12:56 CEST 2010

Ori,

> On Sun, May 23, 2010 at 11:41 AM, Eugene Sandulenko
> <sev at scummvm.org> wrote:
> >  o Real life blogging. I.e. that you're going shopping, eating,
> >    whatever. The good exception from this rule is when it interferes
> >    with your plans, i.e. when you're going to a trip and will have to
> >    pause your work.
>
> I think the planet software can be set up to only pull posts that are in a
> specific category or tag, e.g. "scummvm".
>
> That way, students (and all other bloggers) can keep using their personal
blog
> for other things.

That is exactly how the planet is setup where the underlying XML feed
supports categories.

I suspect Eugene was trying to make it clear that posts tagged 'ScummVM'
should be on topic.
We have had people in previous years tend to mix in a lot of on and off
topic stuff into single posts making it hard to pull them apart.

At least, that's how I read it ;-).

Regards,

John