[Scummvm-devel] Game enhancements

Scott Thomas s at sthomas.id.au
Fri Nov 5 13:27:43 CET 2010

Hi all,

Regarding point #2 (time encountered), I made a similar argument on IRC
earlier today (and was partway through writing a separate email instead
to duplicate that in the discussion here).

To my mind, many (though not all) of the enhancements that have been
implemented have been fairly minor changes, and as such, there's no
major reason not to implement by default - bug fixes, SCUMM save/load
dialogs, and so on may only be encountered for a short amount of time.
As also mentioned, something that would be directly noticeable
(undithering) is visibly encountered the entire length of time the game
is running (assuming it's enabled of course =P).

There's seemingly a number of other graphical enhancements which may (or
may not) be currently enabled by default, but from what I can see, most
of these are of the '30 second' variety and rather subtle changes so I
don't see any major reason to disable those too for the sake of
'consistency'.

Cheers,

Scott