[Scummvm-devel] Transifex

Thierry Crozat criezy at scummvm.org
Wed Nov 17 11:20:33 CET 2010

On 16 November 2010 20:32, Thierry Crozat <criezy at scummvm.org> wrote:

> And for the "Submit translation" button I get a different error message:
> "Only UTF-8 encoding files are supported". This one is clear, but since we
> cannot use UTF-8 this is quite a problem.
>
> I asked about encoding support on their support web site. We will see...

Here is the answer I received:

"We took the decision to remove support for non-unicode files in Transifex,
in order to ensure everyone works on the same encoding and avoid confusion
with translators. I'm sure your project has experience handling them, but
they were actually causing all kind of problems with most people, and added
lots of code on our part, which often didn't work perfectly. =)

What you can do is create a separate directory with UTF files and before
your app uses them, convert them to the old ones. It should be a simple
command-line script, if you're willing to use it.

Hope this helps!"

Thierry